A sharp pain in the joints and difficulty in movement can be the first symptom of Rheumatoid arthritis. If this is so, then one must adopt the Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in ayurveda to manage joint pain. But, why Ayurveda? Keep reading to find yourself.
Autoimmune disorder means the immune system is misfunctioning due to various factors. The main function of the immune system is to protect the body from various diseases by fighting bacteria or viruses. This is why it is called the defence system. Whenever a virus or bacteria enters the body this immune system makes antibodies to kill those harmful agents.
However, in Amavata the ama particles are accumulated in the whole body. Ama means the toxins that are produced in the body due to various reasons. These particles then confuse the immune system and it starts making antibodies in large quantities. But these antibodies are not able to remove ama particles and instead, they start harming the healthy cells of the body.
The joint area then becomes the easy target because the ama particles usually sit in the body’s joints. When the antibodies attack the ama particle the soft cartilage of the joint gets damaged. The cartilage and synovial lining is present in between the bones. This is the main reason responsible for joint pain in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
However, Ayurvedic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis is an excellent approach to treat this health issue. Because:
- A vaid or vaidya (Ayurvedic doctor) will find the source of the disease and then they will treat both the root cause and symptoms. This means the doctor will focus on bringing down joint pain and stopping the formation of ama (toxins).
- Ayurvedic medicines are made using natural herbs provided by Mother Earth and these natural products have been used for thousands of years in treating various health problems.
- Vaid or vaidya first checks the Prakriti (constitution) of the body and symptoms of the disease and then they make a personalized treatment plan suitable for the patient.
- Medicines are made of natural herbs or leaves, so they do not harm the body or cause any side effects or health issues.
- Ayurvedic treatment plan will surely come with changes in diet and lifestyle which will help in developing a good routine and also improve overall health.
Some of the herbs that can help in treating Amavata (Rheumatoid Arthritis) are:
- Cumin seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Tulsi (basil leaves)
All these are golden herbs of Ayurveda full of magical healing properties. These have been used in India for a long time and till the present date, they are extensively used for stronger immunity and good health. They are very good for improving Mandagni or weak digestion, which is the main cause of ama (toxins) in the body. These herbs increase the taste and are nutritious at the same time. They reduce swelling and pain and also make the immune system strong. They can be consumed in various ways like:
- One or two of the above-given herbs can be boiled in the water and then the herbal drink is ready. It can be consumed with honey because it will help the body absorb the nutrients better.
- All these herbs can also be taken in powder form and sprinkled on the vegetables or salads as seasoning.
- They can be used for making vegetables or added to breads.
- You can also consume them in a raw state.
Also, people who are suffering from amavata should never drink simple water. They should always add some of the herbs to their water. All these above-listed herbs are an excellent choice to add to the water. Take a very small quantity of these herbs and boil them thoroughly in approximately 2 litres of water. Cool this water and drink this water only. This will help in treating the problem of mandagni (weak digestive fire), which is one of the main reasons for amavata.
All these herbs can be used to remove ama (toxins) from the body and reduce the pain. However, one must consult an Ayurvedic practitioner if a person suffers from amavata or rheumatoid arthritis. One of the leading institutes is Dr. Sharda Ayurveda and the best part is they provide both online and offline services.